Thursday, April 8, 2010

Old, Old Writing--Two Cats

(this, in my 18yr old mind, was meant
to be a country song of sorts. If you
want the full effect, call me and I'll
sing it to you. No, I won't.)
Two Cats

Gramma used to say
"Honey, don't you
worry 'bout things-

Just keep on grazing
in life's fields
and sleepin' on clean sheets."

Two cats in the front yard
A light in my room
Slow music playing
And not a thing to do.

Move out when I'm
eighteen and learn
some'n new.

Get laid on a
weeknight and
live off of cheese.

Two cats in the front yard
A light in my room
Slow music playing
And not a thing to do.

I'm married for the money
friends are nice, to
and parents still give me food.

Two kids are grown
so we're gonna retire
and not worry 'bout things.

Two cats in the front yard
A light in my room
Slow music playing
And not a thing to do.

I really miss Gramma
with the big white hair.
The way she talked

'Bout life made
ya think she'd been
there before.

Two cats in the front yard
A light in my room
Slow music playing
And not a thing to do.

No comments: